A palace in the hills. Architecture and details that embody the spirit of the ancient Kingdom of Kandy . A cool retreat perched high above a town renowned as the most beautiful in Sri Lanka.
A cool retreat perched high above a city renowned as the most beautiful in Sri Lanka. Architecture and details that recreate the ancient Kingdom of Kandy. Overlooking the forest-covered hills of Heerasasagala. Amaya Hills is located 7 km from the heart of Kandy.
Superior and Deluxe Rooms:
Ninety-one rooms with fine details borrowed from the temples and historic architecture of Kandy. All feature balconies with valley or mountain views. Amenities include air-conditioning, cable television (plasma screen in Deluxe Rooms), minibar and coffee making facilities.
Five junior suites featuring:
- Spacious bedroom
- Lounge area with traditional Kandyan sofa bed
- Private sunset balcony
Four Suites surround guests in local culture and arts. Each comprises of a master bedroom, bathroom and sitting area downstairs and a loft bedroom with second bathroom above. Special features of the Suites include an antique noble costume encased in glass, woodcarving and painted wood panels. The suites wing (Uththara Prasada) can be reached from the lobby or from the pool area via a stone staircase lined with natural boulders.
Treatments tailored to the individual, with techniques and herbal ingredients specifically chosen to match each person’s body and lifestyle. A selection of some of the spa’s most popular treatments:
- Herbal Oil Body Treatment – oil body massage, herbal steam and herbal bath
- Vashpa Sveda – herbal oil and steam treatment
- Avagaha Sveda – rejuvenating herbal bath
- Herbal Oil Head Treatment – head massage with vital point treatment
- Vaktra Chikitsa – herbal facial treatment
- Reflexology – foot massage treatments with whole body effects
Sri Lankan and international cuisine by an expert chef. Indoor and terrace seating.
Warm and inviting atmosphere to enjoy a cup of the worldfamous Ceylon hill country tea.
Relaxed setting for evening drinks. Black and white décor inspired by the woven mats of Kandy’s Dumbara valley.
Underground nightclub in a high mountain setting. The most modern corner of a very traditional resort.
- Swimming Pool with stunning outlook on the valley and distant hills
- Billiards Lounge
- Squash Court
- Shopping Arcade
- Jungle Treks
- River Fishing
- Night Safaris
- Tea Estate Tours
- 24-hour Room Service
- Foreign Currency Exchange
- Same-day Laundry Service
- IDD Facilities
- Safety Lockers and Left Luggage Facilities